BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 10, 2008

When Life Hands You Lemons.....

Make lemon poppy seed bread!! Photobucket

I had about 5 lemons left over from making lemon bars for Friday night company and did not want to waste them. We certainly did not need any more sweets so I decided to make lemon poppy seed bread for some women from our congregation. Sister Rosie, who has cancer; such a smart, intelligent, Christian women, Sister Helen who has the 'bug' that leaves you coughing for a while; a very sweet women and Sister Jackie who fell a while back and broke a hip and is now house bound. I'll deliver them tomorrow after ladies class. This is a big step for me. I honestly hate visiting, I feel uncomfortable and never know what to say. I'm stepping out of my comfort zone :)
(now, I have 2 lemons left, what do I do with them?!)


Photobucket
The finished bread.
Check out my food blog for the recipe :) http://candicem-healthyliving.blogspot.com/

I've decided to start making weekly goals for myself as a way to get done what I need to do: this weeks goals are:
1. Exercise 3 times this week. Doesn't matter what as long as it is something active
2. STUDY my bible 5 times this week.
3. Work on leading a public pray next month for ladies bible class (stepping out of my comfort zone!!)
4. Work on making an apron (me, sew?? yep, me!!)

So, there we go. I will complete them :)

0 comments: