BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sewing skirts!!

I highly, HIGHLY recommend this book: Photobucket

Sew far (sew far/So far.... get it?? *giggle, giggle, snort*!!) I have made 6 skirts from it!! I had basic sewing skills from when I was a teenager but that's all the skills you need in order to do this! It teaches how to draft a pattern from your size! and it's not hard (ie- you don't need to be a math major!) and it has cute unique ideas!

Here's two of my skirts that I have made so far:
Photobucket Yes, only my bottom half as I had just gotten out of the shower and didn't do my hair or have makeup on!!



Photobucketa brown skirt made from a sheet!! I found the shirt at a thrift store for 3 dollars!! This is my 3 dollar outfit! and today I found some brown and turquoise bracelts at a yard sale for 50 cents each!! (pics to come in another post!) A VERY thrifty outfit!!

Photobucket The bracelets that fit perfectly!


And for more frugal fashion ideas check out Jen's blog Balancing Beauty and Bedlam

5 comments:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Oh my goodness, Candace...I can't believe you made that adorable skirt!! It looks great with that shirt and how fun that you found a brown and turquoise bracelet to go with it. What's the chance of that. :) Fun, fun! Thanks for sharing.

Niki Jolene said...

Wow, I envy your ability to sew. The skirts are super cute.

And I am lovin the bracelets...turquoise and brown is my fave combo lately.

:)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

So glad you could link into our Frugal Fashionista party. I know everyone will love your cute skirts. They look so comfy. It would be great if you could add in a little link back to us so that everyone can find the fun. Thnx. :)

CandiceM said...

Oooops!! Sorry, Jen, I linked back and I guess I deleted it somehow!! *running off to fix the problem*

Wendy said...

Wow! great job. Thanks for the advice on the book. I love wearing skirts. I think that it is really cool that you used a sheet!