BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 2, 2009

WFMW: ideas from blogland....

Photobucket

I have a 3 shelve black bookcase in my livingroom/entry way from walmart. It keeps my bobbsey twin book collection, my wooden toy dog my dad made me, my christian books and my photoalbums. The top is about hip length and I did have a bunch of pictures of me and hubby from dating days and I was ready to change (forgot to take a before pic!).

I combined ideas from various blogs, mainly these ideas: a white mantle, black and white and another blog where she painted a dollar store bird black (or white) and made it look sooo neat! (but I forgot where I saw it!! poop!)

Photobucket

Photobucket*

I used either acrylic antique white paint or black spray paint to cover everything. I had an ugly picture frame from someone had given us for our wedding and painted it- cut out a piece of scrapbook paper and spray painted our monogram on it.

A bird from dollar tree that I spray painted black and set on top of part of a cupcake holder!

A wooden WELCOME that I painted and drew black polka dots and swirls on (from dollar tree)

An old pesto jar that I painted the lid and covered in scrapbook paper and filled with shells.

A few pics of us at the beach when we were dating (backed in the same scrapbook paper as the monogram frame).

And the candle holder from the yard sale (see- doesn't it fit perfectly!!) and a plain white candle that I also wrapped in scrapbook paper!

I'm happy with it and when my husband walked in he actually said "I like that!" He never says anything unless pushed!! :)

And by using what was arounnd the house and buying the elphant at a yard sale, the welcome sign and bird at the dollar tree the whole project only cost 3 dollars!!! And that works for me!!

*click on the second pic to see a big pic!

Check out this awesome blog for more Works For Me Wednesday! http://www.wearethatfamily.com/

2 comments:

Christiana said...

Wow. I love it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! :)

~Christy

hailey said...

Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey